Sunday, August 31, 2008

You don't KNOW ME!

So I go to the Stop and Stab the other day on a beer/cigarette run for the folks hanging out. It's right by my house, so its an easy stop at like midnight. On a 'weekday'.

Anyway, the guy running the store is a modest Indian guy with a lot of class and is normally very nice. He must think I'm the biggest alcoholic and that I chain smoke two different flavors of cigarettes at once, as often as I'm there.

But the guy says, "see ya tomorrow." on my way out the door, and I was just like "pssh!! Whatever how could he possibly predict THAT!" in my head. I got all indignant, thinking, "you act like I drink everynight or something, GAH. You don't know me, fool, I might be going to yoga or pilates tomorrow, I mean, it could happen."

But, about two milliseconds later, I realized he's probably right. And he was. Such is life when you're this close to the store, and on the brink of self-destruction.

1 comment:

Em said...

I had a friend go in there one night. They said "we heard you got married" or something like that.

she hadn't gotten married, but even if she had, sending an announcement to the murder mart wouldn't have occurred to her. maybe it should have.